This recipe for sweet potato nacho fries is a healthy alternative to tortilla chips.
This dish is perfect as an appetizer, side, or central.
Add chicken, tofu or prawns, steak, or beans for more protein.
- Extra virgin olive oil, two tablespoons
- Cut two medium sweet potatoes into sticks of about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt, divided
- Reduced-fat sour cream, two tablespoons
- One tablespoon of lime juice
- Fresh or frozen corn kernels: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Black beans – rinsed – 1/3 cup
- Half or quarter a cup of cherry tomatoes if they are significant.
- Scallions are sliced into two pieces each.
- One avocado, chopped
- Use two tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Oil in a large skillet with medium heat. Add the sweet potatoes, along with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook 5 to 7 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes begin to brown. Bake sweet potatoes until they are soft (15 to 20 minutes).
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sour cream, lime juice, and remaining pinch of sea salt.
- Add corn, beans, and cheese to the sweet potatoes. Continue to bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes). Top with avocado, tomatoes, and scallions. Pour the sour cream mixture over. Serve with cilantro (if desired).