Did you know that I was an ice cream scooper? In high school, I worked at a movie theater with a restaurant and made all of the milkshakes. I also made cherry limeades and sundaes. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it.
Chocolate malts are one of my favorite things to make. Sincerity dictates that if there were any leftovers, I would put them in my cup. Don’t tell anyone about my old boss. There’s no way I wouldn’t get into trouble.
This is not your typical malt.
It’s easy to make, with just three ingredients and one blender, and takes five minutes.
Third, the recipe uses HOMEMADE Vegan Chocolate Syrup that is naturally sweetened!
The malt flavor is not a mystery powder. The superfood Maca is the culprit.
Maca is not only rich in antioxidants, amino acids, rainbows, and unicorns, but it also has a malty, smoky flavor, which is similar to a traditional malt. Healthy swaps are a great thing!
You can enjoy this dessert while reaping some health benefits. Who doesn’t like chocolate? You can substitute vanilla for the chocolate. Add some strawberries to give it a fruity touch. Dream big, people.
- 2 cups Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice cream or store-bought
- Use 2 tbsp Vegan Chocolate Syrup* for the topping.
- Maca powder * 1 tsp (or more to taste).
For Toppling optional
- Coconut whip cream
- Blend on low speed until smooth and creamy. Add the ice cream, maca powder, and chocolate syrup. If the malt isn’t blending well, you can add some almond or coconut cream (I don’t think it was necessary as I like my malts to be thick).
- Add more Maca or chocolate syrup to get a stronger flavor.
- You can enjoy it as-is or add more chocolate syrup and coconut whipped cream (optional). Fresh is best.